Elizabeth's Story: God is good!

Elizabeth's Story

...previously an update for friends & family about Elizabeth Hill and her fight against her childhood cancer acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas
...now a place for remembering the fiesty princess she was.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

God is good!

I can't help but feel full of hope and joy this morning. Of course, that could all change in a matter of minutes, but so far so good.

Yesterday was the best day Elizabeth has had in a long time. She was happy to see two of her fellow cancer fighters, Abby, and another Alyssa with her mom Mrs. Gomez (one of Elizabeth's favorite people at her school). She lounged on the couch all afternoon and evening while family stopped in and out. The evening culminated with a bubble bath with mom and viewing Barbie Fairytopia and the Magic of the Rainbow twice in a row. Her favorite uncle spent the night cuddled up with her in her bed and for the first time in a couple of months Elizabeth slept through the entire night. She was happy and sweet and so thankful to have the new Barbie movie so early. I can't talk about specifics (I signed a confidentiality agreement), but I was incredibly moved by the scenes at the end. This movie couldn't be more suited to Elizabeth, truly. I am so full of gratitude to both the ladies at Make-A-Wish that organized getting it and the staff at Mattel that agreed to let her have it. Another little miracle.

Please keep praying. While I am really and truly thankful for good days like yesterday and this morning, I am still so hopeful that she will pull through this and stabilize, if only for a bit. Funny, but I got this feeling about 5 days ago when I picked up a couple of books from Barnes & Noble (thank you Angel Kim!) and walked by the Valentine's Day display that Elizabeth was going to see another Feb. 14. Silly? Maybe. A little too hopeful? No such thing.

Please add to your prayers two little girls. One has been walking this road as long as we have, and has enjoyed a short time of remission. Her recent scan shows two spots, possibly a recurrance. Please pray that these spots are NOT cancer again. They have been through a whole lot, and I won't leave details for reasons of privacy. Just know that they could use prayers, too. Another is the niece of a dear friend (who has already walked the road with her own daughter) who will be consulting tomorrow for a liver tumor just discovered. That family is about to begin down that horrible road, and they could use prayers, too. And, of course, keep praying for Elizabeth. Whether we are being blessed with a few more short good days or whether a healing is underway, I am thankful. I want so much more, and I'm asking for it, but I am full of thanks right now as well. Rollercoaster of emotions doesn't even begin to describe it!

Thank you so much for the continued generous outpouring of love and care and support we are receiving. I can't imagine walking this alone.

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing about the good days. Elizabeth deserves good days. Thank God for them, and let's pray there will be more. Send my love to the Princess.

Love,
Ayesha

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Elizabeth and family.

Tomorrow it will be the 16 th and then I have been follow you for a half year. Such a long time!
I keep checking for see how the princess doing, and I so happy to read that Elizabeth had a great day. Glad to know that she enjoy the wonderful gift from Mattel.

I hope, for more good days,remember, you are always in my thoughts. And do you what? I have a feeling of that more great days wil come, and she will see another Feburary 14th!

Hugs and love,
Trine

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful to hear that Elizabeth is having good days and enjoying her time with family.

How lucky she is to have extended family nearby also. Is her "favorite uncle" a local or someone visiting?

It was so kind of Mattel to share the video in advance of its release date. I'm glad it was met with great enthusiasm in your house.

My prayers continue to go out to Elizabeth and your family. God speed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home