Elizabeth's Story

Elizabeth's Story

...previously an update for friends & family about Elizabeth Hill and her fight against her childhood cancer acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas
...now a place for remembering the fiesty princess she was.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Elizabeth is resting a lot of the time, but she is still having plenty of good time, too. We are controlling the pain pretty well without using the IV narcotics yet. She told me that she is sick of this stupid stupid cancer and that she is frustrated that her body doesn't want to do anything fun except rest and watch TV or DVDs and sleep. She said that she's been fighting it for about 20 years (I've always said she sounds like she's 26, not 6, so I guess in a way she might be right). I asked her what she wanted to do about it and she said she was going to fight it until it was gone. I asked her how long she thought that would be and she said it seemed like maybe forever. She wanted to pray and ask God for help. I am so proud of her. We are not telling her she has to keep fighting it or be strong (like we have been before the dreaded CT scan), but we aren't telling her to give up either. We are letting her say what she feels and thinks without feeding her what we think that should be. She will guide us, I imagine. She always has been the one leading us with her strength and determination anyway.

Keep the prayers and messages coming.

4 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess Elizabeth, I'm sorry you don't have much energy, and that you've been fighting this cancer for so long. 20 years is a lot!!
I check in all the time, and I think you're amazing and beautiful.
I believe in miracles...
Megan (www.carepages.com tannernielsen)

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess Elizabeth,
You are a very special girl! I am thinking of you and praying for you!

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you. We're sending you our love and our prayers.

Love,
Ayesha and Erik

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you a lot sweet princess Elizabeth!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home