Elizabeth's Story: Remembering Elizabeth

Elizabeth's Story

...previously an update for friends & family about Elizabeth Hill and her fight against her childhood cancer acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas
...now a place for remembering the fiesty princess she was.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Remembering Elizabeth

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Elizabeth's death. I wish I could say it gets easier. It doesn't.

While we were on our way to pick up Matt from his school early to go to the cemetery, we saw a car with a license plate frame that says "Enjoy this wonderful day, courtesy of God" and I thought how very ironic. Today is far from wonderful, and I still wonder every day why God let Elizabeth die, in spite of all of the prayers.

Take a few moments to visit and remember Elizabeth.

http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=1731653

There is a movie that you can watch (more of a slide show) that highlights Elizabeth's bright spots. I still talk to her in my head (out loud sometimes, but far less frequently). Sometimes it seems like she is still so very close. Other times the space between us seems infinite. Those are the dark times. But we put one foot in front of the other (because, really, what choice do we have?) and move through the days. She is still so very missed. And she is still so very loved.

Butterflies visit me almost every day. I know it is Elizabeth's way of saying hi.

Thank you for still visiting and thinking of Princess Elizabeth. Post a message and let me know how Elizabeth impacted you. I love to think that her presence is still felt, even though she isn't here anymore.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger The Bashams said...

I still keep Elizabeth's blog on my favorites and sometimes I just think I should check in on them. Today I was so thrilled to see a new entry. I followed your journey and hugged my children closer because of Elzabeth. Hope you all are doing well and enjoying your days.

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth came to me in one of the most important times of my life, when I was deciding where I was going, and what I was doing. She made it ever so much clearer. She took me out of all the all too serious moments in life, and let me enjoy the little things, and she helped me find my voice. She visits me by way of Tink and butterflies sometimes. Tink will pop up in places where Tink wouldn't normally be.

The whole time my grandmother was sick, and even when she passed, I thought so much of Beth, and I know that she was there helping me through it all. And the whole experience affirmed my decision to purse nursing. Now I know my grandma and Beth are really happy and are watching us as they send their messages telling us they're here. I know this is long, but she was and continues to be an impact in my life.

PS- I miss you all and hope we can do something fun together soon.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Terri said...

From the minute that awesome princess walked into room 48, she started teaching me so much...about courage, living and laughing, and of course how to eat marshmallow fluff right from the jar. Not a day goes by that I don't think about that remarkable child, and feel so blessed that I was able to know her and love her.

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Hill family, I still think of you so often and keep checking back to see if there are any new posts. I still vividly remember Ozzie and I visting Elizabeth in the hospital and how she stayed with me and changed me forever more. Now that I'm a mother (our son Parker is 16 months now and I'm due again with another boy in 8 weeks) I find myself thinking of her even more. I am even more inspired and in awe of your famiy's love now more than ever.

Everytime I see a butterfly I think of her and I can't wait for the day when Parker sees his first butterfly so I can tell him all about the amazing little girl that I met and how I think she made me a better mom even before I was one.

Much love to you and the family. Please know she is still with me and I will always cherish our time. A tiny little girl mad a huge impact in my life in a matter of minutes. Thank you so much.

Carrie Anne Blevins

 

Post a Comment

<< Home